Imagine is about creating an international platform for the development of young talented musicians. The more countries involved the merrier!
If you are running an existing competition it would mean taking on the Imagine branding as well as the basic criteria of being open to all-styles, and musicians between the ages of 13-21. If you are starting from scratch, then we’ve got everything you need to get you started. Just ask!
Imagine organisers must be members of JM International. There is an annual membership fee which covers the licence to run the Imagine program (as well as other JMI programs). This is your first step. From there on out you will be guided towards organising your first Imagine.
For more info visit jmi.net/about-membership
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
Here are the minimum expectations of an Imagine organiser:
Primary: (You gotta do these)
- Run an online registration via www.imaginefestival.net*
- Run a National Final (10 bands) and choose a Winner.
- Send the Winner to the International Final (cover their flight)
- Organise trainings for young musicians at your Imagine events**
- Join the Imagine Committee of organisers
Secondary: (It would be cool if you did these too)
- Bilateral exchanges : send and receive bands to/from other national Imagine competitions.
- Organise Live Preselections and Regional Finals
- Organise extra prizes for young musicians
+ Added International Value
+ Globally Recognised Brand
+ Participate in the Imagine Festival
+ International Exchanges
+ Joint Fundraising & Sponsorship
+ 25 Years of Experience
+ Share Best Practices
To get your own version of the Imagine website has a setup charge of between €1000 and €2500 depending on your needs.
Imagine empowers young people musically and personally by organising professional trainings at Imagine events. Workshops could be practical such as improvisation, voice coaching, stage presence; theoretical like music rights, marketing and management; or social like ice-breakers and jam sessions.
For more info check our brochure